TITLEIST Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel Wedge with Steel Shaft
Introducing SM8. The Height of Innovation. Great wedge play comes from distance control, shot versatility and spin. Bob Vokey and team have designed the SM8 wedges to improve in all three areas.
IMPROVED DISTANCE & TRAJECTORY CONTROL
- Introduced in SM6, refined in SM7, and reimagined in SM8.The center of gravity (CG) has been pushed forward, which produces higher MOI.For golfers, this means improved feel and a club face that simply wants to square at impact.
SM8 GRINDS: THE HEART AND “SOLE” OF VERSATILITY
- Your swing is unique and requires a unique wedge. Master Craftsman Bob Vokey has spent years crafting, developing, and improving his Tour-proven sole grinds to fit players of all levels.
- SM8 grooves are cut to the edge to maximize spin and shot control. Each groove on every head is 100% inspected for conformity, and a localized heat treatment is applied to the impact area to double the durability of the groove.
ALL-PURPOSE WEDGE GRIND FOR FULL WEDGE SHOTS - F GRIND
- The F grind is an all-purpose grind that is particularly suited for full shots and shots hit with a square face. Ideal for players who prefer a traditional wedge sole. The F grind is the most played sand wedge on Tour including Justin Thomas, Ian Poulter and Charlie Hoffman.
MULTI-PURPOSE WEDGE GRIND FOR VERSATILITY- M GRIND
- The M Grind, Vokey’s favorite, is designed for players that like to rotate the club face open and closed to manufacture shots around the green. Ideal for players with a shallower, more sweeping swing type who play shots from a variety of club face positions. Played by Charles Howell III,Patrick Cantlay and Cam Smith.
NARROW AND VERSATILE WEDGE GRIND - S GRIND
- The S Grind features a full sole that has been narrowed by a trailing edge grind, giving it a faster feel through the turf. The S Grind is best for neutral to firm conditions and for players that like to control loft with their hands ahead or behind the ball. Played by Jordan Spieth, Adam Scottand Lanto Griffin.
THE PLAYER’S HIGH BOUNCE GRIND - D GRIND
- The D grind blends versatility from a heel, toe, and trailing edge grind and forgiveness with its high measured bounce. The D Grind is ideal for players with a steeper angle of attack who play shots from a variety of club face positions.
THE ULTIMATE BUNKER CLUB - K GRIND
- The K Grind is the highest bounce wedge in the lineup, andis the ultimate bunker club. The K Grind is a wide, full sole wedge with enhanced camber to make it forgiving from a variety of sand and turf conditions. Played by Justin Thomas, Adam Scott and Webb Simpson.
PRECISION FOR SKILLED SHOT MAKERS - L GRIND
- The L Grind is the lowest bounce grind option in the mix.The heel, toe, and trailing edge relief allow for maximum green side versatility. The L Grind is perfect for firm conditions and designed for precise players. It is ideal for players that have complete control of impact looking for maximum shot-making versatility. Played by Jordan Spieth, Jimmy Walker, and JT Poston.