MIZUNO ST-190 Driver
Now with its early success on tour, the Mizuno ST190 appears set to propel Mizuno into the metal wood spotlight. In addition to being seen in play on tour so soon after its introduction, the ST190 driver was played to win November’s PGA Play-Offs at Antalya in Turkey and worked its way into the bag of Luke Donald. Donald’s driver choices have long been a barometer for the legitimacy of Mizuno’s launches – the JPX850 being Mizuno’s last to enjoy Donald’s prolonged use.
The ST190 drivers offer Mizuno’s lowest spin rates and incorporate every known factor in the quest to enhance ball speed and driving distance. Mizuno’s ultra-fast Forged SP700 Ti face now boasts a lighter CORTECH structure to deliver consistently higher ball speeds, with a large carbon composite crown plus the Amplified Wave soleplate, introduced in last year’s ST180 drivers, helping to convert each additional mph into extra yards.
The ST190 is designed for mid to low spin with maximum stability, and features a single, factory-fixed 6g backweight that adds 300gcm2 MOI for added stability on off-centre strikes.
- SP700 Titanium Face: Exotic fine grain titanium material that offer greater responsive force for increased ball speed and distance
- Harmonic Impact Technology: Fine tuned head geometry delivers ideal impact feel and feedback
- CORTECH Design: Optimized face thickness distribution to maximize COR AREA
- Wave Technology: Engineered wave geometry compresses and rebounds at impact for greater COR AREA and higher ball speeds
- Quick Switch Adaptor: Defined loft/lie settings to aid in launch optimization