Even by Callaway’s high standards, the PM Grind 2019 wedge is a very special golf club. Its pedigree alone is remarkable, as it was co-created by Phil Mickelson, arguably the greatest wedge player in history, and Roger Cleveland, arguably the greatest wedge designer in history.
Offset Groove-in-Groove Technology
- Callaway’s Groove-in-Groove technology was introduced last year in our Mack Daddy 4 wedge. It entails four micro-positive ridges machined into flat parts of the face, parallel to the grooves, creating 84 points of contact with the ball. The ridges form a micro-groove between them, which is why it’s called Groove-in-Groove. For PM Grind 2019, Phil suggested machining the micro-grooves into the face at a 20º angle, making them perpendicular to the target-line, or close to it, when you open the face, promoting more spin on lob shots. Callaway testing indicates that offset Groove-in-Groove placement promotes an increase of up to 12% more spin on lob shots.*
Increased Offset and a Higher Toe
- “Offset” in a clubhead is the distance between the front edge of the hosel and the leading edge of the clubface. Increasing the amount of offset in the PM Grind 2019 makes it easier to move the ball back in your stance and position your hands ahead of the ball, which is necessary to hit a knockdown. The higher toe, made possible by removing weight from the sole (represented by the four holes in the sole, each filled with a metallic green aluminum cap) pulls the CG location upward to promote a lower trajectory, with the added benefit of creating more space high on the face, which is helpful on lobs from tall grass.
- The C-Grind, with significant relief at the heel and toe, is well known for smooth and clean turf interaction, promoting solid contact from all types of lies.
PM Grind 2019 is equipped with premium components
- Tour-proven KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 steel wedge shaft designed to deliver and optimum balance of feel, spin and control. Tour-proven Lamkin UTX grip in black with green highlights. Choice of two rich finishes: Platinum Chrome and the stunning, head-turning new Tour Grey. The premium look is further enhanced by the beautiful circular PM Grind medallion on the back.
Offset Groove-in-Groove Tehnology for High Spin Lob & Pitch Shots
- Positioning the micro-grooves on a 20º angle in relation to the standard grooves promotes added spin on chips, pitches and lobs.
Increased Offset & Higher Toe for Crisp, Flag-finding Knockdown Shots
- Increased offset and higher center of gravity from the higher toe together help players control trajectory on full and partial shots.
C-Grind Sole Configuration for Crisp Contact from a Broad Range of Lies
- Generous relief at the heel and toe promote crisp, clean contact from a variety of greenside lies.
Premium Components and Finishes
- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 steel wedge shaft, Lamkin UTX grip and choice of Platinum Chrome or Tour Grey finish.