Ping took an innovative approach to the Glide Wedge, custom-engineering it from the hands down to ensure the grip, shaft, and head perform as a system for greater consistency and shot-making versatility. The proprietary Dylawedge grip is longer with softer tapering, allowing the player to grip down for better control. Heads are available in three grind configurations and 13 loft/sole options, all with loft-optimized Gorge Grooves to achieve the ideal trajectory and spin on approach shots of any length.
- 431 steel softens the feel; chrome plating dramatically improves consistency in wet conditions
- Loft-optimized Gorge Grooves: a 16° sidewall with a more gradual radius in lofts 47° to 54° optimizes results on full shots. In lofts 56° to 60°, a 24° sidewall with a tighter radius maximizes spin on shorter shots
- Dylawedge grip: +3/4"" longer with softer tapering, allowing player to grip down for trajectory control
- Grip-down indicators at 1.375"" intervals for control and versatility in shot making
- Three sole grinds: Wide Sole (WS), Standard Sole (SS), and Thin Sole (TS)
- Bounce configurations optimized for spin consistency and versatility
- Thinner, tapered hosel goes through sand better