The ultimate Mizuno muscle back - heavily influenced by the most revered blades of Mizuno’s past. Grain Flow Forged HD from a single billet of 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel – then layered with soft Copper plating beneath a protective Nickel Chrome for legendary feel and feedback.
Layers of Feel:
- Grain Flow Forged HD in Hiroshima Japan, from 1025E Pure Select mild carbon steel, then plated in soft copper and Nickel Chrome – the original layering from Mizuno’s great TN87 blade.
‘Tour Ready’ Profile:
- Honed by studying elements of Mizuno’s most played/retained tour iron models - by both contracted and non-contracted tour players. Usage amongst ‘free-agents’ on tour provided a new perspective.
- A discreetly tapered top blade and cambered sole allow a fuller vertical spread of weight to forgive strikes high or low from the face – without distorting the traditional muscle back appearance.
- Mizuno’s thinnest topline of recent generations - a response to feedback from our tour players. The MP-20 #3 iron is reduced by 0.05m and pitching wedge by 0.15mm (compared to MP-18).
Mixed satin/mirror finish:
- Combination of chrome finishing to eliminate areas of high glare in the playing position.