In this game-improvement iron, PING engineers put a high priority on power and forgiveness by leveraging the advantages of a hollow-body design and a thin, maraging steel face, creating PING’s longest, highest-flying iron to date. All this comes with the added benefits of playability, tighter dispersion and enhanced sound in a slim, aesthetically pleasing shape.
FLEXING AND FORGIVING
- The G700 iron’s hollow-body structure offers a face-flexing design for players seeking the ultimate combination of forgiveness and distance. All this comes with the added benefits of playability and height in a slim, aesthetically pleasing shape.
- With the slim sole width and offset of the G400 iron, plus a clean cavity, hydropearl plating and polished accent, the address view is confidence inspiring.
- The hollow-body construction and cavity geometry amplify flexing at impact to achieve a higher trajectory with enhanced power and sound.
- Low and extreme heel-toe perimeter weighting deliver a balanced CG location for each iron to boost inertia and drastically decrease the stat area while retaining ball speed and distance on off-center strikes.
MARAGING STEEL FACE
- Three times stronger than 431 SS, the machined C300 maraging steel face increases ball speed and distance by generating twice the face flexing. The face is the product of a two-step heat-treating process and robotic plasma weld.
FORGIVING SOLE DESIGN
- Sole width, bounce and offset allow for better turf interaction to improve ball striking, which contributes to forgiveness and distance control without sacrificing playability and height.
- PING’s proprietary Ascending Weight Technology shafts get heavier as they progress from long irons to short irons/wedges. Lighter long-iron shafts help square the clubface to increase clubhead speed for distance and accuracy. Short iron/wedge shafts are heavier for improved trajectory control and feel.