Wilson Staff DEFY 4PA Iron Set With Steel Shaft
- PLAYABILITY: The hybrids are super easy to get airborne and headed toward the target; the irons are somewhat workable, much more so than the matching hybrids; the dominant high trajectory can be altered a smidge to suit your needs.
- ACCURACY/FORGIVENESS: Hybrids offer significant help on misses -- shots fly high with minimal sidespin, producing plenty of straight shots; irons can compensate for directional misses.
- DISTANCE CONTROL: Fairly hot, but you can throttle back when you want; you can swing hard and hit it long without getting out of control.
- FEEL: Muted sensation will never shock your hands; not as lively as some models, but it gives you enough info to know how you’ve hit it; the hybrids have some explosive pop at impact.
- LOOK: Compact, glossy-black hybrids are tastefully done, and the contrasting silver face helps alignment; silver irons have gray scoring lines to frame the ball.